Scriptures Regarding Money
- Within the Holy Bible there are many scriptures in regards to money.
- Given the world we live in, it's easy to fall prey to what has become known as the 'prosperity gospel'.
However, when we become obsessed with money, and/or have the love of money, it then becomes a hindrance to everything else in our lives.
The Prosperity Gospel from Trusting in Riches:
- The Bible makes it clear that we will have needs.
- But, trusting in riches from money and possessions is not what the Bible is referring to when it speaks of riches.
- Scriptures are often twisted, and in regards to money and prosperity, those scriptures that were twisted become an illusion, which clouds the truth.
Monetary Stewardship from a Biblical Perspective:
- God does not wish for anyone to suffer from lack.
- He wants people to live a prosperous life, but prosperity comes in other means as well - not always relating to money.
- God wants everyone to be a good steward of the money they have to work with, so stewardship is important, and it is taught in the Bible.
- Lack of stewardship can contribute to lack of resources.
My hope is that each of us learns to focus on true riches, aside from those gained by monetary wealth.
|Money in the Bible.|