Don't allow your computer and passwords to help a thief!
Identity theft prevention bonus tips:
- Store your computer passwords where they cannot be easily found.
- Don't store passwords on a document kept on a computer.
- Use long passwords with a mix of letters, numbers, characters.
- Never use the same password for more than one website!
|Identity Theft Thief|
Using reliable antivirus and spyware software is essential in order to protect yourself against the most savvy identity theft crooks.
Shredders are inexpensive and a must-have for every household and business.
Identity theft prevention tips - easy steps:
- Shred credit cards and documents containing sensitive information.
- Use protective antivirus and spyware software.
- Minimize use of mail to send and receive sensitive information.
- Buy only from reputable sites using encryption to protect your data.
- Track your wallet / handbag to guard your credit cards and ID.
- Never carry your social security card, until you absolutely need it.
- Avoid opening potential phishing and spoof emails.
- Go paperless to reduce personal information moved through mail.
- Use credit card opt-out to reduce pre-approved applications in mail.
- Request your free credit reports annually to monitor your credit.
Protecting yourself against identity theft begins with the use of some basic tips and knowledge to increase your shield against it.
You will find this information helpful in this identity theft prevention tips video below.
Be sure to watch the entire video to become aware of some important steps to immediately implement if you become a victim of identity theft.
Now if only we could get our government to step up to the plate regarding the publishing of our personal information online!
Visit our additional articles in the links below video.
Additional resources from Money Illusions:
Use credit card opt-out service.
Track your credit by requesting your free credit reports every 12 months.