Identity theft thieves steal wallets, browse through garbage, and look for documents to provide them with the necessary information. Shredders are inexpensive and a must-have for every household and business. Using reliable anti-virus and spy ware software is essential in order to protect yourself against the most savvy identity theft crooks. Here are some tips to help protect yourself against identity theft:
* Shred credit cards and other documents that contain sensitive information
* Use protective anti-virus and spy ware software
* Minimize use of mail to send and receive sensitive information
* Buy only from reputable online sites that offer encryption to protect your data
* Track your wallet and handbag carefully to guard your credit cards etc.
* Never carry your social security card with you until you absolutely need it
* Avoid opening potential phishing and spoof emails
Protecting yourself against identity theft begins with the use of some basic tips and knowledge to increase your awareness. You will find this information helpful in this identity theft prevention steps video below. Be sure to watch the entire video to become aware of some important steps to immediately implement if you become a victim of identity theft.